Dentistry is about the people behind the smiles. Being an orthodontist is very rewarding because I am able to truly make a positive difference in my patients’ lives. My thorough knowledge of orthodontic care allows me to find the best solutions to correct my patients’ bites and provide beautiful and lasting smiles.
I believe that healthy smiles start with compassion, comfort, and having correct and clear information. That’s why I spend the time necessary to understand my patients’ expectations. I want each person to fully understand all aspects of how advanced orthodontic care will enhance not only his or her smile, but also lead to a correct bite that leads to and sustains good health for his or her future. My staff and I know that an educated patient is a happy patient!
A Foundation of Educational Excellence
My education and years of experience have provided me with the firm foundation to know how to best treat each patient in order for them to achieve their desired result. I continue to build on that knowledge every day in my practice with my knowledgeable staff and wonderful patients.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
- Master of Science and Certificate – Orthodontics, Occlusion-Temporomandibular Articulation Management and Full Mouth Restorative Dentistry, Georgetown University School of Dentistry, Washington, DC
As a full professor at the University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics (UCSF), I learn with and from the outstanding residents who aspire to become orthodontists as well. Teachng at UCSF allows me many opportunities to learn about the newest advancements being made in orthodontics. I can then share these state-of-the-art procedures with my patients.
- Faculty and clinical professor – University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry, Department of Growth and Development and Orthodontics
- Faculty and clinical instructor in Surgical Orthodontics, Multidisciplinary Dentistry, Occlusion, TMJ Management, Mixed Dentition and Growth Analysis – Roth-Williams Center, Burlingame, CA
- Clinical instructor – Georgetown University School of Dentistry, Washington, DC
Being active in many professional organizations means I am committed to the best care and the best result that each patient wants and should expect from their orthodontic treatment.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Roth-Williams International
- California Dental Association
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics
- Santa Clara Dental Society
Outside the Office
In addition to my practice and teaching commitments, i am a very proud father of four amazing children, really eight amazing children if I include their suignificant others. Eleni is finishing her final year of her pedotontist residency at UCSF and her husband, David, just accepted a professorship at UCSF in the Department of Neurology after completing his fellowship. Soula continues to shine as an engineer at Google. Yianni just finished his residency at UCSF and is joining me in the orthodontic practice.. My youngest, George also works at Google and just married his adorable aned amazing wife, Kelsey. I am so proud of what they do, but I am most proud of who they are and, in addition to my patients and staff, they bring a smile to my face everyday!